The Work That Reconnects is a term for the individual and group work that focuses on helping people uncover and experience their innate connections with each other and with the systematic, self-healing powers in the web of life, so that they may be enlivened and motivated to play their part in creating a sustainable civilization. InterhelpNH is one of many groups using these insights and practices to help bring about a renaissance of humanness in an increasingly corporate and regulated world.
The Work That Reconnects arises in direct response to the ecological, social, and economic crises of our time. It helps people understand and meet these challenges with clear eyes and open heart, without letting emotional overwhelm induce psychic numbing, panic, or scapegoating.
The Work That Reconnects helps us discover our innate connections with each other and with the self-healing powers in the web of life. This aim is essential for the emergence of a life-sustaining culture.
In order to do this, we aim to:
- to provide people the opportunity to experience and share with others their innermost responses to the present condition of our world.
- to bring people into mutual support and collaboration in working for the world
- to reframe their pain for the world as evidence of their interconnectedness in the web of life, and hence of their power to take part in its healing.
- to provide people with concepts– from systems science, deep ecology, or spiritual traditions– which illumine this power, along with exercises which reveal its play in their own lives.
- to provide methods by which people can experience their interdependence with, their responsibility to, and the inspiration they can draw from past and future generations, and other life-forms.
- to enable people to embrace the Great Turning as a challenge which they are fully capable of meeting in a broad variety of ways, and as a privilege in which they can take joy.
- to enable people to support each other in clarifying their intention, and affirming their commitment to the healing of the world.
This work is designed to help activists and other caring people–from any and all traditions, secular and spiritual–to draw strength and courage from their inner resources and each other. By doing this work we seek to transform feelings of hopelessness and burnout, allowing new possibilities to emerge.
For a history of the Work That Reconnects, please go here: http://www.joannamacy.net/theworkthatreconnects/history.html
The Work That Reconnects is most effective when experienced in a group practicing together, often in a half-day or full-day workshop led by an experienced facilitator.
We invite your participation.